- Born 1951, Tokyo Japan
- Dean of the Faculty of Information Networking for Innovation and Design (INIAD), Toyo University
- Ph.D. Keio University
- Professor Emeritus of Tokyo University
- Life Fellow and the Golden Core Member of IEEE Computer Society
As a leader of TRON Project since 1984, he has pioneered the open approach, and produced TRON RTOS family, used widely for IoT edge nodes. One of them was adapted as IEEE Std 2050-2018.
- January 2002
Director of YRP Ubiquitous Networking Laboratory
- Received ITU 150 Award as one of the six world contributors who improved lives of people across the world through the innovation, acceleration, and development of information communication, on the occasion of the ITU’s 150th Anniversary (2015).
- Awarded the Medal with Purple Ribbon by the Japanese Government (2003)
- Awarded the Japan Academy Prize (2006)